The first way to start loving yourself the way you deserve to be loved, is by identifying what love actually means to you.
Are you a person that always puts others before yourself?
Do you find that you're so busy doing things for other people that your own needs get forgotten?
Well that is the number one issue I find with many of my clients and I too have often found myself in that position too! So how do you break the cycle?
Here's my top 10 suggestions:
1. Ask yourself what makes you happy? Do you enjoy reading, gardening, sitting in the sun, going for a bush walk or playing with your kids?
2. Identify when you last did the things that make you happy.
3. Schedule in some time this week to do 1 of the activities that make you happy.
4. Take time out for some reflection.
5. Look at the ways you show love to the people in your life
6. Apply those same rules to yourself
7. Treat yourself like your own best friend
8. Learn to be comfortable expressing what works for you and what doesn't
9. Increase the activities that make you feel happy and complete
10. Learn to surrender and receive other peoples love and kindness the have to offer.